About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Where's Vanessa Now?

I arrived in Maine on Friday afternoon and will be heading out on the same bus this afternoon for Boston. I was up to see the folks and also to attend my friend Amy's baby shower yesterday. She's due next month. This was my first baby shower event ever, and I had a lot of fun. It included some great food, good company, and such artistic endeavors as decorating a onesie and a diaper cake topped with butt paste (now there's a phrase I never expected to have on my blog :)
I gave them a couple of pails with whale towels and washcloths, a mommy/daddy whale and baby, and a onesie with some whales on it. (Can you spot the theme here?) Here's the whole package:
And just the whales (my hand-knit contribution):
Tomorrow morning my sister is treating me to a facial at her place of employment, the Carriage House Spa and Salon on Church St in Harvard Sq., Cambridge and then I head over to BU for my oral exam. If all goes well, I will then be an official doctoral candidate and the unofficially official term, ABD (All But Dissertation) will hopefully now apply to me and my status.

So, send happy luck vibes my way for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, V!

-wenlei

Elizabeth Olate said...

Good luck Vanessa! No doubt everything will go fabulously! ;)

lomester said...

Suerte Vanessa!! You will do AWESOME!