About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finished Objects!!!

(Please ignore the I-just-got-up-and-haven't-brushed-my-hair-yet look- I wanted Juan to take the pic before he went out the door)
First off, we have the lovely Rambling Rose, from Rowan #39. The pattern calls for a cotton yarn, but I did mine with Rowan 4-ply soft, 100% merino wool. It was knit in size small, with #1 and #3 needles. I made the sleeves a little bit longer than called for, too, starting with 71 stitches and knit four inches more, spacing the increases to arrive at the requisite 79. (Ah! Now a little more awake!) I also completed the Herringbone cuff from Alterknits. The pattern was for a leather cord, I used a Noro "yarn" almost like a cord that my secret pal9, Angela, had sent me.I did not finish my first sock ever, but I am getting close. The pattern is Monkey, from Knitty.com. I am knitting it with a superwash wool yarn that sort of makes it look like those slouch socks from the 80s, hence, these are now my "totally 80s" socks. It doesn't look that slouchy on, though, I promise. I also sneaked in a sewing project over the long weekend: a needle holder that holds all my needles. Note the extra-wide pocket for my circs. I used fabric I had laying around and the instructions as given in Stitch N' Bitch. Now these photos on my screen look a little screwy, not sure if that is the same for the rest of you. Still not sure what to do about that. You may or may not be able to see that this whole thing rolls up and is secured with a ribbon (not yet attached in photo) and can be carried all across the country, as it will soon be.
Tomorrow I will reveal the Spain postcard location for this week, so there's still time to guess the location. There are already a couple up, and I won't say yet if they are right or wrong so everyone can guess who wants to.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful sweater! I think that one is my fave of all I've seen you make so far. The roses are just lovely.

I have seen similar carrying rolls for paintbrushes. Maybe I should make myself one. I've only taken my paints on the road with me a couple of times, but when I did a roll for the brushes would have come in handy.

Anonymous said...

I totally admit defeat in the mystery quiz. I did a google search for tourist destination in Northern spain, and Pamplona was not mentioned once. After "cheating" to see what others answered, I'm guessing I'm wrong!!

Anonymous said...

Vinnie, love the sweater! It looks great on you. Ah, how I wish to be able to wear cute little things like that--I am totally the size of a whale right now. But less than 3 weeks till the big due date!
Can't wait to see you in ME...Am

Gaby said...

Vanessa, el Rambling Rose está divino!!!me encanta :)
Y el brazalete de Noro tambien!

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great, and the sock, too! I am impressed that you did a sock with such a cool pattern on top for your first attempt-- it looks complicated, but perfect!
Nicole

lanas y tramas said...

Vanessa!!! Sos una genia!!! Y modelás my bien, divino el suéter y todo lo demás, incluyendo el portagujas. te felicito. El suéter es muy femenino y ese toque de las mangas a esa altura, queda muy bien.

lomester said...

this is so bad but i don't know if I have that rowan at home and i am DYING to go home and see if I do, cause i HAVE to copy you and make rambling rose cause it looks RIDICULOUSLY FANTASTIC on you!

Yes, I write in caps when i am super DOOPER excited. :)

Amazing job