About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

More Boston Photos

Here are some more photos from my trip to Boston last week. The first are from the Boston Garden. I was there mid-day, and as you can see, there was lots of people-watching to be had. Everyone streamed out of their offices to walk around, eat lunch in the shade, get an ice cream, and check each other out.


I then crossed the street and happened upon Arlington St. Church. Now, I've been between Boylston and Newbury St. a hundred billion times. But I always have food and/or shopping on the brain (both streets are great for these). That day I was in more of a contemplative mood, and the church was "free" (suggested donation). It is a beautiful building whose highlight is the collection of Tiffany windows. It should be a stop on any tourist itinerary. I couldn't believe I'd never been there before. But then, again, we often overlook our city/town's own treasures, since you always think you can go somewhere next weekend and then just don't. Additionally, while touring churches is a tourist must in Europe, I am more hesitant to do so here in the States, mostly because I'm leery of forced-conversion schemes. ("Ok, we've got a group in, lock the doors!")

For Mother's Day, we had high tea at Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge. It is such a whimsical place and it gets its decorating inspiration from Alice in Wonderland. We had our tea in the Zebra Room. You can see the scrumptious treats that we just HAD to eat. (poor us, I know) There is also a champagne option that the group of ladies behind us chose and seemed to be quite happy with. I however, was up the next morning at 6 am to get to the airport on time to catch the next plane to Minneapolis.Eban and his mom opted for the "Peppermint Tea," which allowed for indulgence in peppermint ice cream, a brownie and chocolate.By the way, who ended up with the chocolate they gave us with the check? I never got mine!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely scenic pictures. I always enjoy looking at places through other people's eyes. Thanks for sharing!