About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Holiday Weekend!

The other day I was riding my bike to work and drove by this:
The sign read "YOU'VE BEEN FLAMINGOED"
I have some project goals in mind this weekend. First up, my Rambling Rose is rambling along nicely. It needs a few more roses and some buttons and it's ready to go. I think it's totally doable for a long weekend.

Once I finally took a picture of my secret pal's gift, I dove right into one of the projects from the book: the Herringbone Wrist Cuff. The pattern in the book is made of black leather, but Angela had sent me a really cool Noro "Yarn" that is more like a cord. The book says that it takes 6 hours, but I got this much done in less than one, so I think I can get this done this weekend, too.

I also recently started my first sock using the Monkey pattern from Knitty.com and would like to get one done by the end of the weekend. We're not going too far this weekend, since we'll be driving out East the week after next. So, we'll see if my goals are too ambitious- it will probably depend on the weather and how much I feel like being inside. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend, too!

1 comment:

lanas y tramas said...

Vanessa: el sueter te está quedando precioso, sabés que teñí una lana y creo que quedó del mismo color???