About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Reading and Watching Movies

I have really been enjoying this book. It makes me want to go to bed earlier so I have more time to read it before falling asleep. Each section gives a biography of a woman who was at some point an artist's muse and her relation to the artist. Some of the muses covered include Alice Liddell (Alice in Wonderland); Gala Dali; Lee Miller, who was not only Man Ray's muse for a while, but then went on to be a great photographer in her own right; Charis Weston and Yoko Ono. As we learn about their muses, we also get a glimpse into such great thinkers and writers such as Nietzsche, Paul Eluard, Rilke, and Freud and a better understanding of their creative process.

Tomorrow night we are showing Historias Minimas for the students (which means I have to miss our Knit Wits meeting :( but I don't mind so much because this is one of my favorite Argentine movies. As the title suggests, the stories are not grandiose, life-changing tales, but rather quiet, individual histories whose humanism goes far beyond the Patagonia in which they are filmed.

No comments: