About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Finished Objects!!!!

I FINALLY have some finished pictures for you. As some have already noticed, I was wearing my first fair isle project a couple of weeks ago during homecoming before it got too hot. But, I wanted to give her a proper introduction. So, ladies and gentlemen, here she is: my Ooh-la-la Latte Beret as she has been christened


A back view.

Here is an inside view- almost prettier than the "right side" and very reminiscent of Missoni designs, though a bit more homespun.

The pattern is, Misty, from Rowan's A Yorkshire Fable. Yarn used is whatever I had left over from other projects, including Rowan's felted tweed and 4-ply wools, both in several colors, as well as Kid Classic.

Just for the record, the pot pie has been made at last. It only took me four days. Good thing it's going to last at least that long. I had a lovely day off, though I didn't do a scrap of work. (But that's what a day off is all about, right?) Stay tuned, over the next couple of days I plan to have a few more finished object pictures (remember those goregous fingerless gloves from Knitty?) It's been a busy knitting period for me- lots of little fun things. And I can't even show you the Christmas presents I've got going on (what a tease, I know ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, pretty! Love the hat. Pretty chilly day here today--will need to get the gloves, etc out soon. I am on the hunt for some fab fingerless gloves like those you made--they seem perfect for chilly studying!
Was inspired by our chat yesterday and looked through some old college albums-wish I had a scanner to post up a pic of you circa 1996 in overalls, tie-dye shirt, and your two bun "horn" hairdo! Good times... :-)
love Am

Doris said...

That is the coolest hat! It looks so good on you :) .. I love pot pie Yum! I bet yours was fabulous. I once took 3 days to make a banana cream pie from scratch and boy was it a lot of work, but it was the best pie ever!

Vanessa said...

hahaha- I think, Aims, I am very glad you do NOT have a scanner :) Me, with questionable fashion taste? I don't believe it :) I, too, enjoyed our chat and even got some albums to organize photos. Maybe I'll scan some and put them here. Nothing too incriminating, though :)

lomester said...

I love the beret on you - very chic.

Is that coffee you are drinking?