About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, October 23, 2006

My Oh My - Even more finished projects!

Here are the last of the finished projects. First up, we have the fabulous fingerless gloves, Fetching, from Knitty.com. These are very easy to knit up in a weekend, and are a lot of fun- I love the cable detailing. I knit them up on four, size-six double-pointed needles with a blue Jaeger Shetland Aran that Doris, my SecretPal8, sent me all the way from Singapore. These are great to have on hand in chilly places (which are most places to me), or when you need warmth but also use of your fingers.

Since I had some of the Shetland Aran left over, I decided to make this fun little neckwarmer from Stitch N' Bitch Nation. It is a pretty frivolous item, and Juan told me I look like I am wearing a sock around my neck, (which probably explains the look on my face here), but it was fun to do. I also used some leftover Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk for the leaves. I had used that yarn to make the sweater you can barely see here- the Lara cardigan from the Alpaca Silk book. Incredibly soft, warm yarn that is great to knit with. The flower is left over yarn from Juan's alpaca Aran sweater I knit him last winter.

Last, but certainly not least, is probably my favorite FO this week. I introduce you to Benny, the stuffed bear (short for Benito). I have really been wanting to make a stuffed toy lately, and found this pattern in the Last-Minute Knitted Gifts book. I almost bought it at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago, but then decided I didn't want to spend the money for one pattern, so I got it from the library. I actually really like the book, and have started on a sweater from there, which you will see later. The stuffed animal pattern is actually for three different ones: a bunny, an elephant, and a bear. This guy, though I love him so, will be going to NC for a newborn baby there. It's going to be hard to part with him, but I hope he will be just as loved in his new home.

Ok, folks, that's it for now. Stayed tuned for works-in-progress in the next few days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

impressed, Vinnie! Love the gloves and of course the little bear :-)

lomester said...

and you think i am a multitasker??? you did so much!

I like the "sock" neckwarmer. It looks super cute on you.

Anonymous said...

Will I see you this summer? The bear is so adorable.