About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, October 30, 2006

An Hour Gained


How did you spend your extra hour yesterday? We had a lovely brunch (that is usually Juan's area- what that guy can do to eggs!) and later Mobi and I went for a nice walk through the bluffs above the cemetery (very peaceful there :) The Y is back to being open on Sundays, so my 4 pm yoga class is back, too (yeah!). After class, I like to soak in the hot tub and relax in the saunas with a great book. I've been reading Camille Paglia's Break, Blow, Burn which are close readings of supposedly "Four-three of the World's Best Poems." The subtitle is a BIT of a stretch, considering they are all British, Irish, or North American authors. Not exactly "the world". But the book is great for my purposes- I can read a poem or two and her commentary and then pick it up again a few days or months (ahem, summer) later without any break in the rhythm or pace. Having read Paglia's other books, (see Sexual Personae, Vamps and Tramps, and Sex, Art, and American Culture), I was expecting more controversial, bold statements that would have me reeling, but since I am supposed to be reading this and relaxing, I am glad for the departure from the norm.

I hope you all had a great extra hour and this week goes well. Keep in touch!

3 comments:

PRB said...

amazing...i, as well as most of the world, used the extra hour yesterday to sleep.
Also: thanks for the book advice, but I already beat you to the Bourdain book. Quite good.
Keep up the work on all the great projects.
C

Anonymous said...

I know I was pleased to realize that when I thought I had gotten up at 8:30, it was really only 7:30! Extra hour for...going out to breakfast and playing with Rudy!
However, it was such a bummer to leave work at 5:15 today in the total darkness. One bad thing about the time change...
Have a great week!
Am

Anonymous said...

I spy with my little eye a super cool toast holder!! I am glad to see you guys are enjoying your bunches.