About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!


I got a package in the mail on Monday from my SecretPal9. Yeah! Here are the goods (minus the candy because Juan ate it all!!!). Yes, it's true- he ate all my candy in about 5 minutes. grrrr. Anyway, it's been a crazy week, which is why I have not had the time to post or even look at my favorite blogs. In my lovely surprise on Monday I received a cute little fall scarecrow, a ball of brick-red yarn that I'm thinking would be great for socks, though I am not sure you can do socks with one skein since I've never done them before, a couple of cute little Halloween characters and a fun (homemade?) moon/bat magnet that now decorates my office quite festively, some pretty blue stitch holders, about which I am very excited since I've always been jealous of other people's pretty homemade ones, and the already-mentioned candy that didn't last too long. Thank you so much SecretPal9!

Below all this, you can see my current on-needles project. It's the hourglass sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I had to frog my previous plans for this yarn because it was too thick for the pattern and it was making my hands hurt trying to cable with it on too-small needles. This is what I have done in a week- up to the arms. It is knit in the round, so no side seams! Now I need to get another pair of needles for the sleeves, which I have not had time to do this week. It's driving me crazy, because I was really enjoying knitting this and would like to wear it! Hopefully tomorrow will calm down a little and I can run over to the Cinderella Shoppe- the only store in town that sells circular needles. It's actually a fabric store with an acrylic selection of yarns (i.e. I don't buy their yarn), but I do buy lots of needles from them. I would think I have every size by now, but no, there always seems to be more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vinni!!! Did you get my email Monday? I just sent you another re: Thanksgiving.... Let me know what you think. Hope to chat with you soon!

Jai