About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

More Finished Objects!

Blogger was not cooperating yesterday, which is why I had written "objects" and then only showed the hat. Here are two more FO that were completed this week:

This scarf is knit in a 2x2 rib with some fun yarn a friend gave me. It has a ton of colors in it, and seems like the perfect kid's yarn. So, I decided to use it for the Dulaan Project, which sends knitted items to Mongolia, especially for orphans there. I have some other yarns that would also be great for this project, which I will start working on soon.

Here, next to the Dulaan scarf, you can get a glimpse of another international scarf- this one I made for myself. I used sari silk yarn, which is made from recycled saris in India, and then spun into yarn in Nepal. (This business has allowed women in those countries to empower themselves and to feed their families- gorgeous stuff you can feel good about.) I also knit in a strand of fushia Kid Silk Haze, which my Secret Pal 8, Doris, gave me. It makes the texture even softer and also gives a certain color consistency throughout the scarf. You can't tell from the picture, because I have a terrible, horrible, no-good camera, but the scarf has a variety of colors in it, ranging from greens to blues to oranges and yellows. I used the "Yo, drop it" pattern from Stitch N' Bitch Nation

1 comment:

Doris said...

I'm so glad that you used the yarn I gave you! I've been part of a number of exchanges and your scarf is the first time I've actually seen someone use the knitterly stuff I gave them. They are beautiful..