About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Project Runway Saves the World

Ok, maybe not. But it did help my day yesterday. The gloves were on the dining room table when I got home- safe away from the reach of la mala- and things only got better.

I had concocted a mushroom chicken dish in the slow-cooker which was smelling delicious and waiting to be eaten when we got home. After sauteeing up some carrots and broccoli, and some left-over mashed potatoes got revamped with apple and onions, we sat down to a delicious meal. Juan mixed up some margaritas for dessert and then at 9, as PR was about to start, I also heated up some apple crisp I had made this weekend.

And then the fun began. Project Runway is my only reality-tv weakness, but it is soooo good, and hey- it almost won an Emmy, so it can't be that bad, right? RIGHT!

My comments, knowing that we only had a glimpse: I am very disappointed by Michael's look so far. And what is with he and Uli both going for the same "safari" theme? Along with "sailing," that has to be the most trite spring-fashion theme ever. Jeff's collection actually looked amazing (excluding the bozo-the-clown green-striped blazer that was peaking out from the rack), but it appears that he won't be showing??? I can probably look on the internet and find all this out, but I prefer to wait and be surprised next week. As for Laura's stuff, I love it. I don't think she'll win because she only does evening wear, apparently, but I would wear almost everything she makes. Too bad I have no occasion to go black-tie (or anything close) these days, but anyway- LOVE her stuff.

So, I went to bed in a much better mood than I had been in that afternoon, thinking in the words of one of my favorite literary heroines (insert southern accent): "I won't think about it now, I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day."

No comments: