About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New book for my nightstand


Even though I have yet to finish any of the other books I am reading, I picked up another one this weekend at the Barnes and Noble in LaCrosse- about half an hour from our little Winona. Every once in a while we like to spend an afternoon browsing the stacks and sipping a coffee (Juan) or a chai (me). I did resist and not get myself yet another knitting book, since I am currently working on three (!!) projects and don't need inspiration to buy more yarn. But that's for another entry.

I got Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. He has quickly moved up my list to number one favorite travel show host, so I thought his book might be a fun read. I picked this one since it was his first non-fiction. It is an amusing account of restaurant-kitchen life, though I have had my share of food-service experience and some things sound just a little too familiar for comfort. It's just the sort of thing to read before going to bed- not too serious or intense, and a lot of fun.

I had the treat of watching No Reservations for two hours last night. After being on campus from 7 am- 5pm, then going to the gym, then having dinner and doing dishes, there was not much else I was good for by 8 o'clock. I lived vicariously through a trip to Malaysia and then Indonesia while casting on for a new project. (uh-uh, you have to wait!) It was also the only time I got to bond with Mobi, who was curled up next to me trying to chew on the blanket when I wasn't looking.

PS: Tonight I am making Rachel Ray's Mexican Lasagna. I've been dreaming of this for a week! I highly recommend- very easy, and very tasty.

1 comment:

lomester said...

Book sisters! I saw that the other day and have been meaning to take it out of my library (I spend too much on books).

Thanks for the reminder!