About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Knitting mania

I finished my first fair-isle project last night. It came out great, and only took a week to make. I will have pictures as soon as I have time to do a photo shoot.

Having completed this project, I am on a little knitting high. I want to start 20 projects at once. To make matters even worse for my pocketbook, this evening a few of us from the Knitwits (that's what our knitting group is called) will be making the trek to Wisconsin to a legendary place called Christa's. Apparently, I am the last one to have heard about this place, so I am quite excited to go. I hear it is a bit overwhelming, but I am up for the challenge- bury me in woolly, soft, fluffy yarn: I can handle it! (tho my dear wallet might not fare so well :)

I have decided on a project for the beautiful blue yarn my secretpal8 Doris gave me: Fetching from Knitty Summer 2006. I am so freakin excited about them. I think they are absolutely gorgeous and something I will probably wear all winter. I want to start them right this minute, but I have to go to class. We are doing a jeopardy-style review game for their test tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh--if I buy you some yarn do you want to make me a pair??? :-)
xoxoxo
Am

Casey said...

I've been reading blogs but not commenting too much lately. Sorry! I can't wait to see your finished fair-isle project! I can do lace but haven't tackled fair isle yet. My friend just knitting one fetching wrist warmer and it's gorgeous! I'm sure yours will be as well.