About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Making Limoncello

I love Limoncello. So, imagine my excitement when I discover a recipe for it in my new Giada cookbook. I also came across some great bottles in Maine this summer that I knew would be perfect for just this sort of thing- all signs pointed to a need to make this lovely liquor ASAP, since summer was fading fast.
I have included a photo chronology of the steps for your viewing pleasure.

The lemons, all unawares of what is soon to befall them.
Some of the now-naked lemons with their rinds. (These babies are fated for lemonade)

In goes the vodka!
Fermenting. (I had to switch to the smaller pitcher so I could use the other for lemonade in the meantime).
Now back to the bigger pitcher with the added sugar water.
Bottled and ready to be chilled in the fridge. (Ok, ok, I used some to make a couple of drinks, that's why one bottle is half empty already)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that nudity was going to be on this site! Oh my! Looks so tasty!

Anonymous said...

yum yum! I still dream about the perfect lemon drop martini that I had once at Sonsie in Boston...w/limoncello. Enjoy!
Am