About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Knitting Projects Revealed

I FINALLY finished my mom's sweater. It is currently drying and I'm hoping it will be sent out tomorrow. Here it is, in the blocking process.
The pattern is Jane, from Rowan's A Yorkshire Fable. I switched the Aran tweed (wool) for summer tweed (silk and cotton), so it is a more year-round weight.

I've really wanted to try my hand at fair-isle knitting, and I have been trying to diminish leftovers from my stash, so the perfect solution seemed to be a fair-isle beret, Mist, also from A Yorkshire Fable. (I originally bought this book for Juan's Aran sweater last winter- never thought I would use so many patterns from it!)
It is currently on a holder, since I needed the needles to get started on my other project, Celtic, from Rowan #40. This is what it looks like so far. I am using yarn from the stash, including some Katia tweed yarn I got in Madrid this past May. It's not supposed to be on circs, those are just what I had in the needle size.

1 comment:

lomester said...

You did awesome on your mom's sweater, and that Fair Isle is looking great. I am too chicken to try it still