About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Looky what I got!!!


I still have not given public props to my secret pal and it is high time I did. While I was traveling around from place to place like a crazy person this summer, she was thoughtful enough to send me two lovely packages (AND I hear I have another one on the way!) They were waiting for me in Maine when I got to my parents' house, exhausted and weary from travel and over 24 hours without sleep. It was like Christmas. First, I got a box from Barnes and Noble that had my very first Barefoot Contessa book. (Yay, yay, yay!) It is has a ton of fabulous recipes that I know I will be using again and again. I also received the book Confessions of a Knitting Heretic, which has introduced me to some interesting ideas and knitting techniques. I really like the vanguard philosophy and approach to knitting, and I hope I can be daring enough to let it shape my own knitting. (My knitting has pretty much been in the box-as opposed to out of it- up to this point) I also got a beautiful blue Jaeger Shetland Aran that will definitely be used soon- I'm thinking either fingerless gloves or a hat. I also got a Burts Bees facial kit, double-pointed needles with cute bears that hold them together, very pretty origami-style note cards and notepad, and the cutest little purse hand-made by a woman in Honduras that is very unique and will be sure to garner many a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed all your goodies! Your last package has been mailed out :) You will find out who I am then... SP