About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Meet My Secret Pals


I got my last package from my secret pal yesterday. Including all the great stuff I got, she also revealed her identity. Her name is Doris, and she's an American living in Singapore for a couple of years with her husband and two adorable children. I've spent all morning reading their blog Just Regular Folks- her whole family (husband, brother, and parents) contributes to it, so it's like getting five blogs in one. It's also a great way for them to keep in touch, since they are so far away from each other.

Doris gave me two beautiful spoons- they're perfect for my glass tea cups I got in Tangier (a little mixing of cultures ;) I can use them, right, Doris? They are so beautiful I wouldn't be surprised if they are supposed to be just decorative. I also got a DVD of the best of Monty Python's Flying Circus, which Juan and I can't wait to watch. I looove Monty Python :) She also included "Wanderlust:" a pack of 30 postcards for "insatiable travelers." How did you know I like to travel, Doris? haha.. And as if that wasn't enough, I also got a skein of Rowan kidsilk haze in a GORGEOUS fushia color, and a handmade red silk purse from Tabitha-Cambodia. At least, I think it's a purse. It has an unusual design of one handle being long than the other, so I'm not sure if has a more specialized use?

I also wanted to introduce my secret pal recipient, Alejandra. She lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her blog, Lanas y Tramas, is in Spanish, and she seems to have a new project done at least once a week. So, check out her blog, too.

3 comments:

lomester said...

OH I read Lanas y Tramas too! So great that you got international pals this go around. Learning about other cultures is always interesting, and getting goodies from there even better!

lomester said...

OH I read Lanas y Tramas too! So great that you got international pals this go around. Learning about other cultures is always interesting, and getting goodies from there even better!

Doris said...

Hi,
I'm glad the stuff reached you safe and sound! I'm not sure if the spoons are suppose to be used, and the purse is strange, you are suppose to pull the longer handle through the shorter one, thus cinching the purse closed and you hold it by only the longer handle...
Hooray! It's been a fun SP8!

Doris