About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Isabella Progress

It's been a little too hot for knitting the past couple of days, but I am determined to get this tank top done soon. I think it is taking so long because I had to change to really TINY needles to get the gauge. I don't know what size they are, because I didn't bring my needle sizer, but I'm guessing they are a 1.
The pattern calls for the front to have three rows of eyelets, while the back only has two near the bottom. I'm not sure if this is going to bother me or not, but I am NOT re-knitting the back so I better get used to it.
A detail of the front lace part- I've just divided for the two sides. As you can see, it is in keeping with my goal of mastering lace and is just so pretty. It really sold me on this pattern in the first place.

3 comments:

lomester said...

size 1! that is insanity! but it looks very pretty.

Lisa said...

Beautiful work. Isn't it amazing what one can do with yarn and neeedles?

When we were in Belgium we watched the older ladies making hand-made lace using wooden lace bobbins. Do they do that sort of thing in Spain? I know Spain is famous for its lace as well.

lanas y tramas said...

Qué lindo Vanessa!!! Es un trabajo precioso!!! Yo también tengo que cambiar mucho las agujas porque tejo muy flojo, siempre 1 ó 1,5 menos que lo que indica el pattern.