About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

New Local Yarn Store in Cambridge!!!

We arrived in Boston yesterday because Juan will be leaving for Spain on Monday, and I have to buckle down and start working on my dissertation. (Which means lots of library time for the next few weeks). On our way to dinner last night in Porter Square, we passed a papered-up storefront promising that a new center for all things crafty will be coming soon. I gave Juan's hand a little squeeze hoping to the craft gods that it would be SOON so I could take advantage of it while here since it is in walking distance of Meridith's apartment. After a lovely meal of Thai food at Sugar and Spice, we saw that the paper had been removed to reveal a large, spacious, colorful store with yarn and beads and books and so many other things. We inquired from the very cute girl in retro glasses and a hand-knit shrug who was busy unpacking boxes, just to confirm, that they are indeed opening TODAY!! Stay tuned for a in-depth expose on this latest addition to Cambridge's craft scene. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

1 comment:

lomester said...

That is my dream come true whenever there is open retail space near me!

SUERTUDA!