About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Mobi and the Llamas

Yesterday Mobi and I drove out to my friend Margaret's farm for a visit. She and her husband Jim have about 25 llamas total. The males and females are separated because if they were not, there would be non-stop breeding going on, obviously resulting in more llamas than would be manageable. (Margaret was much more eloquent in her explanation than I appear to be in mine).
Here are the boys:
Now the girls:

They are so funny because when they see something new that interests them, like Mobi, they all perk their ears up and run together towards the interesting specimen. They reminded me of a school of fish, with everyone turning simultaneously on cue.
After checking her out from afar, the llamas were ready to see what Mobi was about up close and personal. Aaaawwwww....They are so sweet, and like to give kisses. One actually came up to me and put its nose to mine. I took Caesar Millan's advice and tried to not make eye contact in order to not startle her (I know that's for dogs, but this was an instinctual not intellectual reaction). I had nothing to worry about, however, as they are just so gentle and friendly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures turned out great! Will you be my PR manager?? And aren't you glad we took the picture of you and Saddleshoe?
Margaret

Unknown said...

Mobi and the Llama is so great. You really could send in that picture to get published. Looks like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Love these pics! There are some llamas across the river from Steve's parents' place...whenever we visit Rudy goes nuts for them--they are quite the interesting creatures.
Have fun in Marquette this week--my parents are soooo excited to see you.
love, Am

Lisa said...

They are great! Mobi looks just like that black and white llama. A friend of mine raises some llamas, but she mostly raises alpacas. They are wonderful creatures, so soft and gentle. You just want to bundle a few up and take them home with you. I know what you mean about their movements ersembling a school of fish. Aren't they fun to watch?!