About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, June 25, 2007

First Pair of Socks and Lace

I feel like such a more accomplished knitter now that I have completed my first pair of socks. Since I had a solid color, I wanted the socks to have a pattern. And since I have never been able to successfully complete lace, I was determined to master that this summer. So, I combined the two and chose the Monkey pattern from Knitty.com. It was easy to follow and fun to do. Everyone told me the heel was the worst part, but I had no problems with it, so I am assuming the well-written pattern helped a lot. I think the gauge was a little off, because these are much bigger and slouchier than the pattern picture, but I like them for lounging around the house or wearing on a chilly winter day. I like the custom-fit aspect of knitted socks, since my feet are so small, but I will have to remember to gauge first! I had purchased three skeins of this sock yarn and only used one and a half, so I see another pair of blue socks being knit in the fall (I can't find the label with the brand name- it was all in German anyway).

2 comments:

lomester said...

Those look so comfy!

lanas y tramas said...

Vanessa!!! Qué lindas!!!!