About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

La Regatta de Cadiz 2006

During our last few days in Cadiz, the city underwent a transformation. Due to the sailing regatta, thousands of vistors from all over the world descended onto our little Cadiz, filling the streets and cafes. It brought a new energy to the city. Walking around, it was very common to see roving bands of sailors, many in uniform.
The ships themselves were beautiful and so cool to see up close. It was a really nice way to end this month.

This morning we all flew to Madrid, where we will be until the students fly out on Wednesday. Hard to believe it's almost over- there were days when it seemed like this month would just go on and on and on... But now, only three days left!
Despite all my complaints, I will have good memories of this month and the program in general. I love my co-workers, and these kids have been great. However, I am also ready to be done and to see my husband (!) again. My parents are coming to Spain on Thursday, and then we'll be going to the country in Northern Spain for our second wedding. Afterwards, we'll all be traveling around Spain for a while. But that's for other entries :)