About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

If I have to go to the hospital one more time, I will scream

Everyone has been asking me how things are going here, and I have to say, it really depends on when you catch me how my answer will be. Yesterday, for example, we had a really fun class where the students broke into groups and had a certain amount of money to spend and then a certain amount of time to buy food and prepare it. Everyone's dish was then rated on taste, presentation, etc. Then, me and some of my co-workers headed to the beach, where we scored some free lounge chairs by the hotel (avoiding paying the usually 4,50 euros fee); got some tintos de verano and great food at a bar/restaurant there, and then headed back later in the afternoon for knitting and a tour of the local cathedral. That night was the students' free time, so we all (the "counselors" as they call us), went to a really, really nice dinner. We were just thinking about getting dessert when two of us get simultaneous calls from a student's dad and the watchman at the residence that one of the students was throwing up in the bathroom from severe dehydration. This is the same student we all saw on the bus earlier heading to the beach, and told on four separate occasions that he should put on sunscreen. Not only did he not put on sunscreen, but he also did not drink water or eat anything except an ice cream during the six-hour period at the beach. We took him to the hospital last night, and I have been there with him all day. This is the sixth student we´ve taken for one ailment or another this month. So, don't ask me right now how things are going :)

2 comments:

schrodinger said...

Yikes! Kids just have to learn things the hard way don't they. Fingers crossed for you that you have no more hospital visits.

Anonymous said...

I so sorry! At least you guys got some time to yourselves..