About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy 4th of July

Ok, so I am little late with that. Obviously, they don't celebrate the 4th in Spain, but we did so by going to the beach and having a picnic and soccer game that night. The program has been going really well (we knock on wood everytime we say/think that :) and tonight is their first "free night," so we'll see how that goes. So far we've had a lot of fun things planned- a tapas night on the rooftop terraza here at the residence, beach day, watching the World Cup game last night in a main plaza here with the rest of the town, lots of gelatto breaks... tomorrow we're taking a day trip to Tarifa, the southernmost point in Europe. On a good day, you can see Africa across the strait. Tarifa is also the windsurfing capital of Europe (maybe the world?- not sure how official these titles are :) and has a cool vibe to it- it's like a mix of Spain, California, and Morocco.

I'm still working on pictures. I have found a really cool cafe with a computer where I can download my camera files to my jump drive, but I can't seem to open the files here. I'll keep trying, though. I am also working on a fun summer knitting project that I hope to post pics of soon.

My friend Chris who I am working with here in Cadiz just spent the last month in Morocco, and included lots of details and info on his blog (see the Peripatetikos link to the right)- if you have some time, check it out. He is the paragon of travlers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Tarifa - that was pretty cool! (VERY windy, though).