About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow

There's a lot of it here, and it keeps coming down. The temperatures have been hovering around zero for the past few days, too, so we are really in the middle of winter now. Although the urge is to hibernate surrounded by yarn and living off life-sustaining hot chocolate, I've been trying to stay active. Friday before the really chilly weather (I think it was a balmy 15 degrees or so), Juan and I went snowshoeing on some nearby trails. Saturday I did the treadmill and Sunday was my favorite yoga class. Today it was back to the gym this morning and I even left myself time to do the sauna/hot tub circuit. I haven't been knitting much because I'm exhausted from all the Christmas knitting. I did the math, and I made 10 gifts in three months. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I did, but I'll have to space them out next time.

Speaking of knitted gifts, now that they are all gifted and complete, I can showcase what has kept me busy for the past few months. You've already seen the prayer shawl and clapotis. Today I'm going to show you the Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays. I first decided to knit these for my dad, but they were so much fun to knit that I decided they would be great for my sister's boyfriend, Eben, too. This is a really great pattern and the finished product is amazing! They are so comfortable and cozy, it's hard to take them off. For both pairs I used Brown Sheep Superwash wool because I really like how it knits up, washes, and holds cable texture. The colors are beautiful, too. They have lots of depth and complexity. I am a big, big fan of this yarn now.Papa's color is called "Lichen" and has greens, blues, greys, and browns.Eben's sock color is "Peacock," which is navy blue with flecks of fuschia and greens. I tried to get a shot of these colors in the sun:
Next knitted gift featured: Baby Sweaters!!! Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Mariss said...

Those socks are gorgeous. I'll have to make some for my boyfriend, he loves cozy socks! Nice job ;)

Anonymous said...

I need that sock pattern, it is great!! I'm sure they loved them!