About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Holiday Baking

We started the baking season off right away with a cake for Julian's 7th birthday.It's a fire truck, complete with oreo wheels and a pretzel ladder. After doing a batch of the obligatory almond spritz cookies, I went for savory with some super-easy cheese puffs for munching. (Like my new apron?)A close up. Here's me at my birthday lunch wearing the hat Julian thoughtfully made for me: "So, when can I eat one of these cupcakes here taunting me?"

2 comments:

Mariss said...

Adorable apron! It makes me want to sew again soon.

That fire engine cake is too cute! Who's the young man? I am now craving baked goods badly...

Lisa said...

Love the apron!!! I made one for Julia for Christmas. I think I need to make myself a new one now. I do love my present one; I made it years ago from an old bed sheet I recycled because it had a rip down the middle. It's nice 300 thread count white cotton and just as soft as can be! I think the next one will have some color and pattern though.

Your posts always make me so hungry :-)