About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Itty Bitty Sweaters

Today's feature of the Christmas showcase is.... baby sweaters! Since my friends have become quite fecund this past year, I had the opportunity to make my favorite project item in miniature, times three. For Jai's little guy Jack, I made the Placket Neck Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I really wanted to make it striped, but I didn't know how much yarn I had and if it would be enough. Turns out, it was! (just barely)
I managed to get the stripes to line up with the sleeves/body all the way around.Here's my favorite part...the buttons are coordinating hippos.So cute or what?
For his sister Ella, I made the Avita pattern from Paloma's website. Such a fun, easy pattern. I was bummed I didn't have enough yarn for the ties, but I think it's still cute. This was knit with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn and is soooo soft. I can't get this picture to rotate correctly- grrr For Amy's little guy Graham, I went with Kate Gilbert's Baby Pea Pod cardigan. The pictures are awful- they do not show the color well at all. It's a bright green, much happier than it appears here. The lace panel by the button band forms little pea pods- for a little sweet pea.The neck band, sleeve cuffs and waist have a cute detailed leaf design, too. These buttons are made of a reddish natural wood, and go nicely with the nature-themed pattern. I'm hoping to receive pictures of the babies in their new duds, which would be so much better than seeing them all here just flat.
(hint, hint ladies :)

2 comments:

Mariss said...

Eeeeek! Too much cuteness in one sitting. I can't take it! I especially love the grey and black sweater. I bet your friends loved them.

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful, I can't decide on a favorite. I hope to see the "live and in action" pictures too!