About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are finally back in Winona after a non-stop 21 hour drive between snow storms. I am just finishing up my first work day back (hours clocked: 10), and we now have a four-day weekend to settle in and get used to the idea of teaching again. My course load this semester is going to be easy: I've taught all my courses before and only have two preps. Which means, no excuses, the dissertation MUST get written.

Here's a corner of my kitchen. The apron hanging on the wall is one I made before break uninterrupted while watching Gone With the Wind. The red and orange checked cloth is a towel hanging from its towel loop. Isn't it adorable? The pattern is from Amy Butler's book In Stitches

We're all happy to be home and not living out of a suitcase (and Mobi is once again the center of her universe).

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE your aprons! I need to get/make myself some. Also sorry that you have run out excuses for not writing your dissertation. And happy 30th birthday!