About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wicked Good Lobstah


I'm currently visiting my mom's family in Down East Maine. This part of the state was named as such by sailors because they sailed downwind along the coast, even though they were going North. Anyway, here you have dinner last night. We got big hard shells, as you can see. Many people have a preference - soft shells are smaller but easier to get into and the meat is more tender, though there is less of it. Hard shells have a lot more meat, but you really have to work to get at it. A couple of the claws needed to be hammered, as the nutcrackers we usually use just weren't getting the job done. I really don't care either way- I just love lobster. And all you need is a little melted butter to dip it in. For dessert, I had Grammy-made strawberry rhubarb pie. I have definitely been spoiled this weekend.

No comments: