About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Sleeve is done: One down, one to go


It was a rainy, chilly weekend. So I got to watch a lot of movies, read, and knit! I had a stack of DVDs I had taken out from the university library at the beginning of the semester (one of the perks of being faculty: semester-end due dates ;) and finally have had a chance to watch. So, I have finished a sleeve of Jane, from A Yorkshire Fable. The color practically blends in with the carpet in the photo- though in actuality the yarn is green with flecks of brown, white, and dark green. I'm really loving the summer tweed yarn- this is my second sweater I've knit with it, and I will continue to use after Jane is done. (Stay tuned for THAT project).

Unfortunately, we didn't gage the right amount of yarn at the store, and I'm almost out. Luckily, I'm heading to New York City on Thursday, so I will get more then. Any recs out there for good yarn stores in NYC that carry Rowan yarn?

I finished Devil in the White City the other day- what a great book! I couldn't put it down- I think I read the whole thing in three days. Now I'm working on finishing a cute book I picked up while camping last week. It's a true pioneer story about a girl at the beginning of the century- sort of Laura Ingalls Wilder-style, which is exactly what I was in the mood to re-read. It's a good substitute for now. Speaking of...I'm off to read in bed a while- good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Your sweater is coming along so fine, the yarn you're using seems to be a dream to work with!
You mentioned Devil in the White City - it's the one by Erik Larson, isn't it? I haven't read it yet, but have it here in my "Must read" - stack - it seems you'd recommend it highly, won't you?
Have fun in NYC!