About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

El Rastro de Madrid

So I finally got Internet connection here- it wasn't wireless and it was a little complicated, but I got it figured out eventually. I've been having a wonderful time in Madrid with some students from the university where I teach, though I am a bit worn out. And I haven't even taken part in the "marcha madrilena" (Madrid nightlife). Today we went to the Rastro, a huge outdoor market in the southern part of the city. It has everything you could imagine for sale- clothes, books, antiques, furniture,jewelry, etc. Oftentimes, there's live music playing throughout the area, too. The Sunday tradition is to do a little shopping then "ir de tapeo" (basically bar hopping with food involved). So, that's what we did. Here are some photos I took there:













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing the pictures makes me more excited for my trip to Spain!!
mama

Anonymous said...

I remember when we went to the Rastro together--remember the bull shirts we both got? I was gardening in mine yesterday... :-)
Have fun and travel safely! Am