About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Latest Knitting Project


I've been working on a cardigan for my mom. She picked out the style and yarn colors, so it's not really a surprise to her, though I bet she will be happy when she finally gets it.

The pattern is Jane from Rowan's A Yorkshire Fable. I am knitting it with Rowan's 4 ply tweed and Summer tweed. (The pattern calls for Aran Tweed, but we decided the cotton/silk blend would make it more versatile).



I leave you this evening with a pic from the delish treats we had at my house last week during the "Knit Wits" meeting. There were quite a few younger girls there, so I made cupcakes in fun spring colors. The oranges were originally for display, but the kids actually went for them before the cupcakes! They all got eaten in the end, though. To drink we had herbal iced tea- a recipe I got from the Barefoot Contessa: 4 tea bags each of red and lemon zinger tea (steeped in 4 cups of hot water) then mixed with 4 cups of naturally sweetened apple juice. Chill and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Rowan's tweed yarns! Those colors are great. It'll be so pretty. Your mom's lucky!

lomester said...

Is this a mother's day gift? please say yes so I am not the only one that did not finish her gift to her mom on time... :(