About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Semi-update

Several folks have commented on my lack of baby-update posts. Well, we are going through quite a big upheaval at work right now, and things have just been a little too *ahem* exciting lately. Which has given me less chance to focus on my two babies: figlet and the big D (dissertation, of course). When I finally get home at night and have finished dinner and the dishes, I have about an hour of knitting before crashing into bed. So, I do have some show and tell coming up as soon as I can snap some photos. In the meantime, here a pic of Amy and Steve's little G in his custom-made turtle tee. Such an adorable model, no? And if you have a few minutes, check out this little report from MPR on two of my favorite local business to support: The Bookshelf, where occasional splurges on knitting tomes just spontaneously occur, and The Blue Heron, my second and preferred office. I used to be in the habit of frequenting here every Friday, until this semester from hell started, but I still get some bench time here fairly regularly. In one of the photos you'll even see Michael, one of my fellow travelers on the South America trip this past summer. From the first above link, you can either read or listen to the report as it appeared on MPR this past week. It's about how they've coped with a downturning economy to come out ahead.

I also promise to include a belly photo in the next entry, since I finally unmistakably look pregnant now. I had my first random "When are you due?" today at the sandwich shop, so I'm looking obviously pregnant enough for strangers to ask me, and not just possibly like I had too much beer and cookies over the holidays.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's great to finally look pregnant so you don't have to keep explaining that, no I'm not fat, I'm pregnant. We find out (hopefully) on Feb 19th the gender of our baby.

Amelia and Stephen said...

I've seen that cute kid somewhere before :-)
yay for the bump :-)