About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Baby Knitting in Progress

So, we are hoping to find out the gender of figlet on Friday. Between Christmas knitting, other babies knitting, and not knowing who I am knitting for, I have waited until now. There were two projects I've been itching to knit, so those have both begun. A month or so ago my parents sent me a signed copy of Jill Eaton's new knitting book for babies, Pipsqueak Knits, and this was Juan's favorite project from it. It doesn't look like much now, but it will be a sleep sack for next fall.My other project was inspired by the package from Buenos Aires that was waiting for me when I got to Maine. Alejandra and I did a knitting exchange. I sent her the newest Mason Dixon Knitting book, and she sent me this gorgeous pile of wool and a book on breastfeeding. Both were such thoughtful selections, and I just had to start reading the book and knitting that wool up right away.
I know near-white wool is impractical for a baby, but it's sooo beautiful. I'll be putting a lining in, so until I find the fabric I want, I can't really progress. The sleeves and hood with be picked up and knit from here, and it's easier to measure without them. I bought a skein of Cascade 220 Heathers for the green trim, and the embroidered circles that will come later.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope that your pregnancy is going well. How exciting to find out the gender this week! We won't find out until the end of February. I hope you are doing well.

Amelia and Stephen said...

What wonderful projects! Between the beautiful yarn and all of the love knit in, the little one will be snug as a bug!!

Lisa said...

How wonderful to be knitting with a tiny new person in mind to wear them. We are so excited here!