About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Applique Madness

The applique fever continues. Meridith and I worked on some over break, and even Eben got into the action. I was hoping the others would, too, but there was a lot going on those days.

I made a turtle for Graham, Amy and Steve's baby, but I can't find the photo I thought I took of it. I liked it so much I wanted to do one for my baby, too. Well, he's going to get two turtles because I just couldn't stop. I have big plans to embroider the second one with a dragonfly in the upper corner so he's looking at something. Meridith spent a ton of time of both of hers, and it shows. Aren't they just gorgeous?Eben went with a theme close to all of our hearts- a canoe, red, of course! They both spent so much time and effort on these, I can guarantee that even if figlet doesn't appreciate them much, his parents will!

The last one I worked on in Maine will be saved for a rainy day ;)So, here they are. The foundation, if you will, of figlet's earliest wardrobe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the creativity of you and your family is wonderful, entertaining and slightly overwhelming!
Margaret

Amelia and Stephen said...

omg, I'm so impressed! will send you a pic of Graham in his little tee for you to post how cute they look on a real live wee one!

lanas y tramas said...

Uau Vanessa, qué producción!!!!! Felicitaciones por el varoncito!!!!! Me encanta el apodo!!!! Ya buscaré lana celeste ó azules para nuestro próximo intercambio.

Gaby said...

Qué preciosos los apliques, Vanessa! Se nota que están hechos con mucho amor :)

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest onesies ever!!