About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

When is Vacation, again?


Although my arm is no longer bothering me, I am still just plodding along, waiting for vacation to arrive (one more week!) We haven't yet determined what we are doing for it yet- lots of ideas, no actual plans. I won't even bother suggesting what we may do, because at this point it changes about every few hours. Let's just say, there better be some warmth and relaxation involved.

I finished a hat last night at one of my knitting groups- I'll post pictures soon. Even though Juan and I are both stressed and being pulled in ten directions at once right now, we're still trying to stay healthy and eat well. Cause once the food goes downhill, there's no telling where we'll end up. So this week's big dish is lentil soup from the original Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. I added spicy chicken sausage and some diced tomatoes, too.

The other veggies you see were put into goat cheese salad, and schezuan noodles, my substitute for lunch sandwiches, just to shake things up a bit. Both recipes are from the Contessa. She has really been working my kitchen lately.

Other thing getting me through the week: my TIVO is now filled with Anthony Bourdain, thanks to a travel channel No Reservations marathon this past Monday. Good food, good knits, and good travel tv entertainment- it'll have to do for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa,

What is your dissertation on? Just wondering... I am writing a dissertation myself.

Hang in there and have a nice break!

- Laila

Anonymous said...

schezuan noodles? Is that Sichuan?

-wenlei

Vanessa said...

Hi Laila- my dissertation is going to be on 20th century Argentine literature (once I get around to starting the darn thing :)

lomester said...

argentine literature?!?! AWESOME! (not that i know anything - but let me tell you, anything argentina related has to be cool - right?)

Oh, and i came back from vacation and have not caught up on my NO RESERVATIONS. I am having some withdrawal symptoms I think.