About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My oh my, we have some snow!


Two days after a long winter storm finally tapered off, we are gearing up for another one starting tonight. This is a picture from campus, and here are some action shots of Juan clearing out a path to our door. As can be imagined, Mobi is not digging the weather right now. Before we got the snow cleared out, we couldn't remove her from the top step to do her *ehem* business.

Lots of snow means lots of knitting! I have three completed projects from the past week. First up, a hat from Rowan #36 that I already have in different yarn. This one is made from two yarns I had lying around my stash- one is Lamb's Pride wool and mohair, maybe? and the other is Rowan's Kid Classic, which also has wool and mohair in it. It is a very soft, very dense and warm hat. I just need to get a cute decorative button for the overlap. Maybe my spring break wanderings will put me in contact with the perfect one.

I also used up all of the wool yarn I had bought for my dad's fishing/cigar gloves. I made two ear bands, one is smaller than the other because I ran out of yarn. I literally used it all up! (That's a great feeling) The ribbing makes it elastic, so both should fit ok.


And now, for the unveiling of our vacation location: dum de dum....... Lawrence, Kansas !!!! I know, I know, Kansas? It's the home of KU and is a very cool college town with lots of great restaruants and an amazing yarn store (yay!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Juan is using the "Downeast Deep Kneebend Snow Removal Technique" Our turn is coming tomorrow night. Ear bands look great, can't wait to give them a try.

Looking forward to hear from you folks.

Love Ya,
Papa <*)}}##+<