About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Felted Bowl and Joy


I finished my felted bowl over the weekend. At first, I didn't think it would ever get done, because I couldn't find size 15 double-pointed needles. But, I posted this dilemma on the Stashalong blog, and immediately Toni suggested I use the magic loop method. The circs I had were way too small for that, but I did have two pairs of 15 circs, and then remembered the technique I used to make the fishing/cigar gloves. Why this technique never occurred to me before, I do not know. So, I finished it up, threw it into the washing machine and after a couple of loads, it was the texture I wanted. This project is thanks to Secret Agent Sheep, my still mysterious Secret Pal 9.">


I have started working on Joy, from Rowan Vintage Style. It is my first bead project, so I am taking my time with it. My first challange was resetting the pattern for the beads in the back, as the one they had did not line up for my size. I managed to do all the math and figuring while watching the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, and TIVOing through the commercials. Yeah me :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the bowl! I made some small nesting ones with a deeper profile and had fun with them. I may have to try a larger, shallower one next. :-)

Thanks again for being such a wonderful secret pal!

lanas y tramas said...

Hola Vanessa!!!! Me encanta cómo te quedó el bowl!!! Yo estoy haciendo un proyecto de la Knitty para feltrear, a pesar del calor de Buenos Aires el hecho de que son para mi mamá me impulsa a terminarlos!! Muy lindos los colores!!!