About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My current knitting and food projects

Da Dum! It's finally here- a picture of my current project


This will be an aran sweater for Juan knit with size 11 needles and 100% alpaca wool(soooo soft). It is practically my first cable project ever (I made a scarf with cables last month).

This weekend flew by- we had the wine-tasting dinner last Thursday- it was ok- just ok. Friday we went to WSU for a couple of plays that were student-directed senior projects. I have been very impressed with the drama department here. All day Saturday we attended the Frozen River Film Festival, which featured films shown at the Telluride Film Festival in Colorado- all having to do with the environment, outdoor sports and sustainable living. This link takes you to some pictures from the day- if you look in the audience in the 2nd row, right, you can see Juan and I awaiting another film. (Look for the BRIGHT red of my fabulous poncho I still haven't posted here yet). Also, the second row from the bottom, left, features an adorable little girl with the cutest outfit who sat through an hour and half of movies sin drama.

Sunday was rest and time to continue with my current kitchen project: the perfect homemade hot chocolate. I'm still working on the formula- so far they have been too sweet or not enough. I will share the special formula when it is discovered. I'll leave you tonight with a shot of one test model next to a plate of sopapillas, or buñuelos, which is basically little balls of sweet fried dough eaten for breakfast in Spain and Latin America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks so great! how easy is it?