About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's Winter!!!!


So, it actually snowed last night. People kept talking about it, saying it would happen, but I refused to believe. Then, there I was in shivasana during yoga class, supposedly on my way to blissful nirvana, when someone says "hey, look out the window!" And what do we see but soft, fluffy flakes coming down. I have to admit, I really didn't mind as much as I thought I would. It was very cozy to be in the house last night and this morning reading under my quilt and seeing the snow come down outside.

It wasn't so great when I had to walk to school later this morning. However, I decided to make the best of it, so I piled on the layers, put my I-pod on Ravi Shankar to conjure up imagines of warm, exotic India, and headed out the door. About two blocks into my 35-minute walk, a woman pulls over and offers to take me to the university, since it was on her way. (She assumed I was a student). She was extremely nice, and while she talked about her kids in high school, I couldn't help but notice that she had a gold hoop in her left eyebrow. This was one hip mama, on whom the Karma gods are certainly smiling today. One more reason to love Winona!

No comments: