About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rick Steves Rocks

When I was a wee junior in college and traveling around Europe on a shoestring budget, I brought along Rick Steves. His travel philosophy had a huge impact on my own during those impressionable years, and a recent article in Salon.com reveals that we are still in tune regarding our worldview. He's such a dorky (according to Salon, Mister Rogers) type guy, I forgot how savvy he really is. Of course, it makes sense if you consider how much time he spends with people in other countries.

2 comments:

Amelia and Stephen said...

Remember the "handy headless statue" in Rome? :-)

Vanessa said...

And the rice gelatto we got every day we were in Florence, even though it was December and so cold we were warming ourselves with the electric handryers in the hostel bathroom :)