About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Winter Knitting

Baby update: Figlet is fine and doing well. At the last ultrasound they couldn't see the fourth heart chamber, but my midwife said all the reports she received that week said the same thing, so we weren't worried. If fact, we were happy to get to see him again, and all the chambers were there and working away.

In these cold, dark nights before bed there is little else to do than knit. Between Christmas knitting and the drive home, I finished my version of Norah Gaughn's Tilted Duster. I was going to make it cropped when I bought the yarn last year, but considering my recent Juliet is cropped, I decided to make it a full-length cardigan. It somehow looks dwarfed next to the 23-week belly, though.The last sweater's-worth of yarn in my stash is for a February Lady Sweater. I purchased the yarn in VA this summer and ended up frogging the yoke I had done then because I couldn't remember where I had left off, and I didn't like my button holes. I have since re-done the yoke and button holes, but have yet to take a pic. You can see the color I'm using here, though. It's a deep eggplant. The yarn is Mission Falls 1824 superwash wool, and I really like the texture and color. It's been great to work with so far.

Figlet's first knitted item is a sleeper from Jil Eaton's new baby book. I used Nature spun wool in sage with light blue accents. The stitch was new to me; it's called bird's eye and gives the garment a nice texture.

The little mitten hands can't be seen well here because at this point I had not sewed them on yet. The largest size the pattern came in was 6 months, so I hope it still fits him for his first winter.

6 comments:

Amelia and Stephen said...

lovely stuff Vin--I will be embarrassed to send figlet a little outfit from baby Gap! What great work.
you are looking good...and glad the babe, is, too!

Mariss said...

I'm glad your little Figlet is okay :)

The knitting is gorgeous!

Meridith Emilie said...

Wow look at you! You wear your baby bump very well!

lanas y tramas said...

Uau!!! Qué linda panza!!!! Me da muchas nostalgias. Estás bárbara!!

Anonymous said...

You look great! :D

Gaby said...

Estás re linda con tu pancita! :)
Me encantó la combinacion celeste-verde del TD; y el enterito de bebé te quedó precioso