About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Waiting Patiently for Spring

We've had some more snowfall since it turned officially Spring here in north of the northern hemisphere. We are on our penultimate week of the semester, so I've been swamped with grading, advising, and more grading. I've also given myself to to end of the semester to finish another chapter, (this will be #2), so I've been working on that.

These flowers were a gift from my Aunt Diane and Uncle John for my birthday. They came as bulbs in a beautiful Nantucket basket and they grow and bloom when you add water. I wanted to wait until it was spring-ish weather to make sure they had lots of light and also to make it feel more spring-like in the house. It worked. They grew a couple of feet in a week and have been filling the house with their beautiful scent.

It's been nice enough to bike to work, which has been great and Mobi and I have been able to frequent the lake path quite a bit, too. I hope you are having a wonderful spring, as well!

1 comment:

dmarks said...

Happy Birthday.