About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Eskimo Jacket

Well, it's only April. Seems like a good time to finally show you Meridith's Eskimo Jacket. In all fairness, I didn't get the pictures until about a month ago. And there hasn't been much blogging time, if you hadn't noticed. I think I will be able to catch up a bit this week, though, so stay tuned! And once again my computer or blogger doesn't let me post this facing the right way.
So, Meridith's jacket was knit with the bulky version in Knit Picks Cadena, if I recall correctly. It's a 50% merino 50% llama blend. I liked the dark buttons because they make it match with both brown and black. Since it was in bulky, I didn't make button holes because there was enough space between the stitches and this way she could adjust to her tastes.
For a good time, check out her new blog, Fur, Food, and Foolishness.
I don't have a full-length shot of my Eskimo Jacket. I did mine in the Aran-weight version with Peace Fleece, my new favorite yarn because it's tweedy wool in gorgeous colors and the company is from Maine and trades with international cooperatives to promote world peace. These buttons are made from dyed nuts, I'm told.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Awesome sweaters! I love the buttons on yours.