About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Confessions of a gym slacker

Just between you and me, my prime motivation for going to the Y on non-yoga days is the hot tub and saunas. I really, really dislike cardio on machines because I find it soooo boring and unlike weight training or yoga, I just don't see results when I do it regularly. With yoga, I can see myself getting stronger, more toned, and flexible. Using the elliptical- well, I just "glow" a little. I absolutely cannot bear more than half an hour on the thing, and that requires heavy doses of entertainment in the meantime.

The past few weeks, I've had meetings or other appointments during my yoga classes, so I've gotten to the Y once a week- that's it. Now, I did hike 5-6 miles on Friday and took Mobi for an hour walk yesterday, but I've still been missing my yoga. So, I decided that I just had to go to the Y today and do something. Anything. Including the elliptical. So, I did, gosh darn it. And I rewarded myself with 10 minutes in the hot tub afterwards. So there.

No comments: