About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter

We had a really fun Easter. Starting on Saturday, Juan hid 24 Cadbury eggs around the house. Above you see the 16 I've found so far. I swear I've searched the whole house, and since he's started threatening to keep all those I can't find, I'm thinking there was a conspiracy all along... It just really shouldn't be that hard.

On Sunday we had lunch at a friend's house. The food was heavenly and the company was a lot of fun. There were 12 adults and 4 teenagers. Some of the highlights included the plastic Easter egg hunt (I found none); the kids decorating some hollowed-out eggs filled with sugar confetti that were then thrown at them by their parents; the kids shooting Nerf darts at apples on their heads; and everyone comparing their country's Easter traditions. We had Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, and Spain represented. Most were pretty similar, with the exception of the flying bells that dropped eggs to the children below (France). This led to a discussion of the source of the Easter tradition with a bunny that lays eggs. Apparently, Easter is based on an ancient Anglo-Saxon goddess, Estra, who supposedly saved a bird whose wings had frozen during the winter. She changed it into a rabbit, but it maintained it's ability to lay eggs. And now you know, too.
Here is the yarn I used for my flashy tank top, since some of you asked: Katia Capri and Katia Pinta Print. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the remaining yarn. I finished the back of Rambling Rose, as you can see. Amazingly enough, there was no drama involved. But I have two front pieces and sleeves to go, so lots of time for mistakes yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot your own roots on your list....United States of America!!!!

Mama

lomester said...

Funny, i have been trying to figure out what the easter bunny is all about for two weeks now.

YA Argentina! (had to throw that in - you know us :) )