About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flowers everywhere

We have flowers all over the house due to the wedding festivities this past weekend. I am including shots of the bouquets below. (No wedding day shots yet- I'll post some when I get them, and I'll include details then).

My wedding bouquet. It had green hydrangea, cymbidium orchids, sweet peas, black calla lilies, and the spiky ones are thistles.

This bouquet we actually have two of: they decorated the posts of the stairs I walked down from the porch to the isle. (The ceremony was outside)


This gorgeous bouquet is from Juan's parents. They sent it to us the day before the wedding, since they could not make it to the Maine ceremony.

These have been decorating the house for a week- I love lilies.

I also found a fabulous cookbook at the Christmas Tree Shop the other day- I was supposed to be looking for wrapping paper, but I came away with other great finds, too. I've already started reading the cookbook- I love learning about culture through food. I'm anxious to try some of the recipes, especially now that I have some great new cooking tools. Too bad I can't use any until almost September!

3 comments:

lomester said...

Wait - you got married this past weekend?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The flowers are gorgeous. I used to work in a flower shop and man do I miss those smells.

Casey said...

Congratulations!! The flowers are so pretty- one of the many perks of a wedding! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I hope to see some photos of the bride/groom and not just the flowers... Hee hee. I love weddings!

SP8