About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Morning walk with Mobi Ramekins

Good morning! Mobi and I just got back from a walk. We usually take about an hour and walk down to the lakes- there are bike/jogging paths around them, and one of the two allows dogs. When it's early enough, or the weather isn't that great, we can usually let her off the leash for a little while, which releases quite a bit of energy quickly. Today she's wearing her coat because it's still a bit chilly out. The sky was overcast and threatening the "s" word (I refuse to say it anymore this year), but there were still a few folks out jogging or walking, even at 7:30 a.m.


Yesterday Juan whipped up a gorgeous brunch for us, using leftovers from the fridge, such as eggs, scallions, spinach, grated radishes, cheese, and his all-time favorite ingredient: shrimp. He christened it "tarta a la gamba" or, shrimp pie, and served it with "salsa rosa"- pink sauce (don't they just sound better in Spanish?) in shot glasses with anchors on them- very nautical. We ate it on the porch, with our new Provence tablecloth reminding us of warm (or better yet, hot) Mediterranean days to come. (Don't mind the stack of book on THIS table, too, they're everywhere around the house these days)

Here is Antoinette (from Rowan #39) in progress. I'm anxious to get her done and to have the sort of weather in which I can wear her. I see her with white pants eventually, though that will have to wait until June (My own personal fashion rule: nothing pure white below the waist except June-August). It's amazing how quickly something like this knits up, compared to that massive amount of Aran sweater I was working on for Juan. I'm trying a new technique- knit both sleeves at the same time. I really like this idea because sleeves always seem to take forever anyway, and when you finish one, you still have another to go. Psychologically, I think this is a good technique for me. The color is more like the left-hand pic- the sun in the window washed out my sleeves.

In a little while, I'll head over to the Y for a new class: "Piyo"- a combination of pilates (yuck) and yoga (yum). My yoga teacher promised this would be more yoga then pilates... We'll see.

No comments: