About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

If it's spring, why is it snowing?

Oh yeah, cause I live in Minnesota! These past couple of days I could really feel spring in the air. The sky has been blue, you can hear birds chirping in the morning,(we even had a couple visit our screened-in porch the other day), the students have brought out their flip flops (no wait, they wear those in the dead of winter, too, with a foot of snow on the ground). Anyway, yesterday I walked to school savoring the warm sun and crisp air, and this morning I look out my window and see what? SNOW and it has not stopped in the hour since I first saw it. Although there are no signs of it staying, it's more the psychological effect it has on my spirits rather than the actual fact that it is snowing. I know, I know, coming from Maine and having lived in Michigan and Massachusetts I realize that there's always that last snowfall in April, when you finally thought you could put winter behind you for a few months and dedicate yourself to long walks after dinner, golf in the evenings, hikes on the weekends... In short- enjoy nature instead of shunning it within the comfort of your warm house. Even as I write, the snow appears to be letting up. But I think today I'll put on my warm cords and a hand-knit sweater, maybe even bring a scarf... just in case.

No comments: