About Me

My photo
We are Familia FIG. We are a bi- lingual, blended family. Belalu was diagnosed at 9 months with hypochondroplasia.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pelicula of the Week and Knitting Update


Pelicula of the Week: Belle Epoque
This is a wonderful movie that is funny while also including social commentary of Spain during the 1930s. As with La Nina de tus Ojos, I think a lot of the subtle political humor would be lost on someone who didn't understand the historical context within which the movie takes place, but the characters and situations are zaney enough on their own that you can still enjoy the movie.

Juan's "fisherman's knit" sweater is coming along slowly but surely. I finished the back and have been working on the front, while traveling to LaCrosse and watching some great movies, namely Igby Goes Down and Bottle Rocket. (Both highly recommended)
The back of the sweater

Front of the sweater in progress

I have also been doing some cooking, after an almost two week hiatus. Juan had made cocido- a Spansih stew- and it was enough to feed a small army, so I've been making the opposite of heavy, meat-laden meals now that we've finally gotten through the cocido. So, as I mentioned earlier, I made a couple of Contessa recipes: Salmon with Lentils (latest fav ingredient: leeks) and even used a NEW ingredient in the Roasted Vegetable Orzo. I had never cooked with orzo before- it looks like fat rice but is actually a pasta. I will definitely be cooking with orzo again.

Pretty flowers adorning the dining room

No comments: